A word of gratitude to the person who nominated me for this award: Miss Fahreen, owner of “The things I write” blog. Her work tackles almost everything under the sun that I’m sure you’ll get to relate to once you read her posts. Relationship, fashion, DIY, insights, advice, you name it! Make sure to check out her site HERE.
Fahreen’s questions are (basing also from the questions given to her):
1. How do you advertise your blog to others?
I linked my wordpress account to my facebook account to enable my family and friends to see my posts. I also ask my relatives to share my works on facebook. And, since my blog is all about traveling, I make reviews about my experiences on a particular location (e.g. posting comments/reviews on google maps) then I insert my site address at the end of the review to advertise it.
2. How long do you spend blogging per week?
This varies depending on my schedule and mood. At most I’m spending 5 hours in blogging per week.
3. How many posts do you post per week, on average?
Usually I only post once a week. Particularly on a weekend, so that more readers would be free to check out my work.
4. Which of your posts is your favourite so far?
Definitely the posts “Conquering Makiling” and “Embracing connections at Laguna”. I am with my loved ones during my travel experiences here, so the posts really became a lifetime memory for me which will never be forgotten.
5. Why did you choose to create the blog you did?
For me, photos were never enough to relive a memory. I chose to blog my travels in order to have a well tabulated diary of my adventures. A couple of years from now, I might forget the feeling of seeing a different country for the first time, or the feeling of your loved ones joining you on a roadtrip. With the posts I make, I could see the photos and read about my experiences- a way of truly reliving memories.
6. Are pictures or words more important to you? Or are they equally important?
For me, pictures and words are like bread and jam. Both are equally delicious. Yet, when the two of it are combined, it makes an even better dish. Same thing goes when making a post (all of which is only my opinion). Pictures and words should be there for you to narrate a better story. That being said, both are equally important to me.
My questions to the bloggers I nominate for the Real Neat Blogger Award:
1) What motivated you to engage in blogging?
2) What is/are your goals for your blog a year from now?
3) If you are given another chance to start a new blog, what would you be writing about?
4) What measures do you take in order to attract more traffic?
5) If you were given a chance to give ONLY ONE advice to new bloggers, what would it be?
6) Which one weighs more in your opinion- blog comments OR blog likes? Why?
7) If you were to give your blog another name- what would it be?
That pretty much sums up the questions I have for my nominated bloggers. I’m looking forward to your fun answers!
My nominees are:
– Joan, owner of the blog “Travels with Callie”
– Audrey, owner of the blog “Living for experiences”
-Dex, owner of the blog “Budget Traveler”