Thankfully I live in Orland Park, IL and I had carbon monoxide detectors already installed throughout my house, otherwise I wouldn’t have l received that a wood stove could produce carbon monoxide.
I have been focused on air quality ever since I was diagnosed with asthma at the age of nine. Back then I weren’t sure if I was simply sensitive to seasonal dust irritations, or if it was something more. The medical professional prescribed myself and others many different inhalers—one to use biweekly, and another to use whenever I had serious difficulty breathing. To my luck, I never had more than many serious asthma attacks, and I was lucky to have my inhalers on myself and others in both instances. But that’s actually because I don’t put myself in situations where I could be at drastic risk, such as a camping trip deep into the woods anywhere remote. Even if I am conservative about what I do in life to mitigate risks for asthma triggers, I can inadvertently expose myself to a completely different set of concerns here at home. I bought and installed a wood stove this year without fully understanding the need for acceptable ventilation. The chimney hadn’t been cleaned in a number of years and that was a critical error. Thankfully I live in Orland Park, IL and I had carbon monoxide detectors already installed throughout my house, otherwise I wouldn’t have l received that a wood stove could produce carbon monoxide. That’s the morning when I l received that even candles produce minute amounts of carbon monoxide, but a wood stove is a much greater fire. After I put the fire out, I called a fireplace and woodstove specialist and that’s when they discovered the soot buildup in my chimney. Now I can finally use my wood stove without worrying about poisoning my indoor air.
air conditioning repair Orland Park Illinois